- Bovada released their 2016 NFL playoff odds and things do not look good for the Detroit Lions. The Lions have 11/4 odds of making the postseason, the seventh-longest odds in the NFL (tied with the Chicago Bears). The only teams with worse odds are the Rams, Buccaneers, Chargers, Titans, Browns and 49ers.
- Roger Goodell may be one of sport's least-popular commissioners, but he doesn't get paid like it. Goodell reportedly made $31 million in 2015, a seven percent decrease in salary from the previous year.
- He may not have won the Name Bracket tournament, but Miles Killebrew's name was good enough to have a beer named after him:
@MilesKillebrew and @Antwione37 Thank you both for coming out! Hope you enjoyed the #killebrewipa pic.twitter.com/PzkX7rAvLb— Fort Street Brewery (@fortstreetbeer) June 10, 2016
- DetroitLions.com posted a Throwback Thursday video of the Lions' fearsome 1997 defense.
- Is Darius Slay the best cornerback in the NFC North? Of course, but all of ESPN's NFC North beat writers joined together to debate the question.
- Jeff Risdon of SideLion Report squashed the Zach Zenner hype train.
- You have my attention, CFL:
.@TimHortons CFL Must-See: Duron Carter made an unbelievable TD catch and took his celebration to the Ottawa bench pic.twitter.com/ziLesWggjU— TSN (@TSN_Sports) July 1, 2016