- Wednesday night ESPN held their annual ESPY awards honoring sports' top moments, individuals and games of the year. The show kicked off with a montage of famous moments from the year in sports and unfortunately the Detroit Lions made the highlight reel on the bad end of the Green Bay Packers' Hail Mary. Lions tight end Eric Ebron was not happy:
Tired Of Seeing This Damn Hail Mary— Eric Ebron (@Ebron85) July 14, 2016
F****— Eric Ebron (@Ebron85) July 14, 2016
- Did you know that Matthew Stafford's real first name is John? A lot of his teammates had no idea. Their reaction to learning that and other facts about their teammates is incredible.
- This year, the Lions will be honoring an alumni team like they do every season. But this year, they'll both celebrate one of their best teams and bring up one of the darkest facts about the franchise:
The Lions will celebrate the 25th anniversary of their last playoff win by honoring the '91 team at a game this fall https://t.co/i1WS95UjRu— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) July 14, 2016
- With all of the resources devoted to the offensive line, Jeff Risdon of SideLion Report believes the Lions need the investments to pay off now.
- Ty Finch of SideLion Report gave some much needed love to underrated Lions safety Glover Quin.
- The Minnesota Vikings are funding a study to make sure their stadium isn't a bird killer.