- Earlier in the week the NFL announced the date of the supplemental draft and the players eligible this year:
NFL Draft were taken. In other words, if a player was not eligible for the NFL Draft for some reason (typically academically or disciplinary reasons), they can apply to enter the supplemental draft. Only one player has been chosen in the supplemental draft since 2012. If a player is selected in the supplemental draft, the team must forfeit the corresponding draft pick -- based on the bid they place on the player -- in the 2017 NFL Draft. For more information on the rules of the supplementary draft, check out SB Nation's post on last year's draft.
- Friday was Canada Day, so the Detroit Lions' official website tested their players' knowledge of Canadian terms.
- Speaking of trivia, Marvin Jones will be on an episode of Celebrity Family Feud on Sunday (July 3):
- Our own Jerry Mallory dropped a podcast this weekend. This week's topics include Matthew Stafford's value, 105.1 being flipped back to music, and the Cardinals missing out on Ameer Abdullah.
- SideLion Report used predictive statistics to try and estimate how the Lions will fare in 2016.
- The Lions still have one remaining open roster spot, and general manager Bob Quinn says he's looking into adding more free agents before the start of training camp.