Most the the Detroit Lions' 2013 draft class is due for a contract extension, this being the last year on the deals of Larry Warford, Devin Taylor, Sam Martin, Corey Fuller and Theo Riddick. Having just locked up Darius Slay for four more year, the Lions have now turned their attention to negotiating an extension for Riddick, according to Kyle Meinke of MLive.com. "Detroit is currently negotiating a long-term extension with Theo Riddick," Meinke said.
- However, Mike Rothstein of ESPN believes that punter Sam Martin may be next in line for a new deal.
- If you were one of the many fans who were rained out of Friday's practice, be sure to hold onto your wristbands. It sounds like you'll get an opportunity to attend a different training camp practice:
- One of the first things Darius Slay did after signing his $50 million contract extension? Run out of gas on his way to work:
Man I ran out of gas had to call @JennWilliams23 but road assistance saved me but Jenn was on the go lol— Darius slay (@_bigplayslay23) July 30, 2016
NFL Network may not be covering Lions training camp live, but the NFL's twitter account posted highlights from Friday's indoor practice:
- Here's a list of all the Saturday training camp observations from Detroit beat writers: Kyle Meinke, Justin Rogers, Dave Birkett, Tim Twentyman and Mike O'Hara, Michael Rothstein.
- As always, DetroitLions.com has your highlights and a photo gallery from Saturday's practice.