- Riley Reiff was the star of Sunday's Detroit Lions training camp practice. According to Mike Rothstein of ESPN, the entire offensive line struggled in their first padded practice, but Reiff managed to separate himself from the pack.
- Here's more of Reiff's dominance from Sunday:
Highlight for OL was Riley Reiff stalemating Devin Taylor one play, then driving him right into the ground on the next. Great stuff from RR— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) July 31, 2016
- Dave Birkett believes Wallace Gilberry will play Jason Jones' role as "an inside pass rusher in nickel situations" this season.
- Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com noted that Matt Prater practiced with extra narrow field goal posts to help fine-tune his accuracy.
- Tahir Whitehead has gotten mixed reviews in practice thus far, but he showed off his hands early in Sunday's practice:
Tahir Whitehead showing off his good hands. Pulled on off his shoe tops the rep before. pic.twitter.com/7JRSvIJfBP— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) July 31, 2016
- In case you missed it from our multimedia highlights from Sunday, one fan captured two great catches from Marvin Jones and Golden Tate:
- Speaking of which, Twentyman believes Marvin Jones will be a deep threat for the Lions this year.
- The Detroit Lions have your highlights and photos from Sunday's practice.
- Monday will be the Lions' first fully open practice to the public. If you're going, be sure to look out for three members of our staff: Alex Reno, Ryan Mathews and Kent Lee Platte. Kent will be wearing the best t-shirt of anyone there: