- About a week ago, we revealed that Detroit Lions head coach had the longest odds to win NFL Coach of the Year. Now, it appears Caldwell also has the honor of having the shortest odds to be the first head coach fired this season. According to Bookmaker.eu, Caldwell stands alone at a moneyline of +370 (meaning a $10 bet would result in a $37 profit).
- According to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, the Lions had a much quicker pace on offense than the Steelers did on Tuesday.
- Kyle Meinke of MLive.com thought the Lions offensive line actually held up pretty well in joint practice on Tuesday, but Laken Tomlinson looked like “the weak link” of the group.
- If the Lions are looking to upgrade their tight end position after Eric Ebron’s injury, it looks like they may have some company:
There are a bunch of teams making calls looking for depth TEs... and the Eagles are looking to trade for a LB. That's it.— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) August 10, 2016
- The Detroit Lions have photos from Tuesday’s joint practice with the Steelers.
- One fan at practice on Tuesday asked Ebron about his injury, Ameer Abdullah butted in and had the perfect response:
Fan to Ebron: "what happened to your ankle?"— Mike Mulholland (@mulho2mj) August 9, 2016
Ameer Abdullah to fan: "he didn't drink enough milk."
- Speaking of Ebron’s ankle, Insider Injuries, a site that uses data analytics and medical expertise to predict the impact of injuries, had this to say about his ankle:
Eric Ebron's injury, an ankle sprain (grade 2), is expected to keep him out of the preseason but he could be ready week 1. #Lions— Inside Injuries (@InsideInjuries) August 10, 2016
You can read their full explanation here, but I would take this report with a grain of salt.
- Happy birthday, Matt Prater:
Join us in wishing Matt Prater a happy birthday today— Detroit Lions (@Lions) August 10, 2016
He'll get a kick out of it! pic.twitter.com/FU6iAZSATO