- As you may remember, Nate Burleson was named one of the co-hosts for NFL Network’s new morning show Good Morning Football. The show is nearly two weeks in and Burleson is getting rave reviews. Wednesday, he called Matthew Stafford the most clutch quarterback under 30 in the NFL. While Burleson may be a little biased, he went to Twitter to defend his stance:
Most 4th quarter comebacks since 2012: Stafford 14, Wilson 13, Newton 11, Luck 10 Number never lie. He can play... https://t.co/FbiA9i2nzv— Nathaniel E Burleson (@Nate13Burleson) August 10, 2016
- The NFL preseason begins Thursday night, but before it gets underway, NFL.com put together its preseason Power Rankings. The Detroit Lions landed 24th on the list.
- Turns out NFL Network did actually have some coverage of the Lions training camp. This report from NFLN’s Aditi Kinkhabwala called the Lions’ offense “incredibly sharp” during Tuesday’s practice, specifically mentioning how Stafford was picking apart the Steelers secondary.
- Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown was having a bad time during Wednesday’s practice:
No joke: Antonio Brown in the verge of being ejected... from a **preseason joint practice** for unsportsmanlike conduct toward an official— Chris Adamski (@C_AdamskiTrib) August 10, 2016
- One rookie many Detroit Lions fans were aching for in the 2016 NFL Draft looks like he’ll be missing the entire season:
Reggie Ragland to undergo ACL surgery, will likely miss the entire 2016 season: https://t.co/mv5rIxFhCt pic.twitter.com/FMvJL8ly9N— NFL (@NFL) August 10, 2016
- SideLion Report keeps the Jay Lee hype machine going with a nice breakdown of his training camp.
- Detroit Jock City’s Erik Schlitt broke the Lions roster down into categories: impact players, core players, players with a roster spot, bubble players and long shots.