- Of course it means very little, but the Chicago Bears were shut out 22-0 in their preseason opener against the Broncos on Thursday night. The Bears managed just 130 yards of total offense. It was the first time they have been shut out in the preseason in quite some time:
#Bears lose 22-0. First time they have been shut out in preseason in 35 years.— Brad Biggs (@BradBiggs) August 12, 2016
- Matthew Stafford has the ninth-best odds to lead the league in passing yards in 2016. Last year, Stafford finished with the eighth-most passing yards. From 2011 to 2013, Stafford finished in the top three in the league each season.
- Mike O’Hara of DetroitLions.com believes the Detroit Lions will show off their new fast-paced offense this preseason.
- Wallace Gilberry and Ezekiel Ansah have developed quite the friendship:
- MLive’s Kyle Meinke has eight players to watch in Friday night’s preseason game (slideshow warning).
- Mike Rothstein of ESPN leaves his final thoughts on the Lions after the two joint practices, including a positive outlook on the offensive line.
Oh yeah, it’s GAMEDAY: