- Former NFL lineman and current analyst, Brian Baldinger, believes the Detroit Lions may have one of the best defensive lines in 2016:
I think the Lions front 4 have a chance to be one of the best in the NFL ..— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) August 14, 2016
- Deadspin’s annual “Why Your Team Sucks” series finally made its way to the Lions. If you can get through some of the low-hanging fruit parts, it’s actually quite funny.
- Pro Football Focus is continuing to walk back their comments on Ezekiel Ansah, this time calling him one of NFL best international athletes.
- The Lions updated their depth chart. There aren’t many differences from when it was initially released, but one interesting note is the rise of Jace Billingsley. The undrafted free agent receiver jumped from the third-string offense to the second string. (If it’s too small below, click here for the official depth chart):
No real changes to the Lions unofficial depth chart for Thursday against Cincinnati. Jon... https://t.co/UBAgZJYRQK pic.twitter.com/QweE0P7ekv— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) August 15, 2016
- The second episode of Inside the Den: Training Camp with the Detroit Lions is up and nicely details Detroit’s trip to Pittsburgh. It also features what has quickly become my favorite on-field audio moment, courtesy of Dan Orlovsky:
- Another rookie some fans wanted the Lions to draft in 2016 went down with a major injury on Monday:
Saints first-round pick Sheldon Rankins will have surgery on his fractured fibula and likely be sidelined about six weeks, per source.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 15, 2016
- SteelersDepot.com wrote an amazingly detailed post on observations from the Lions-Steelers practice last Tuesday.