- The Detroit Lions acquisition of Anquan Boldin was huge in bolstering their weak receiving crew, but according to Ian Rapoport, the Lions weren't the only team interested in acquiring the veteran wideout:
The #Eagles have been in the market for a receiver all offseason. They offered Anquan Boldin a nice deal, for instance. Now deal for DGB.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 16, 2016
As Rapoport is alluding to, the Eagles went another route to get a receiver and instead decided to trade for Titans receiver Dorial Green-Beckham on Tuesday.
- Now that DeAndre Levy is off the Non-Football Injury list, there are concerns as to whether Levy will be the same player he was in 2014. Levy told the Detroit Free Press there is “no reason to believe” he won’t be the same after returning.
- The Lions have photos and highlights from Monday’s rainy practice.
- Former Lions wide receiver coach Shawn Jefferson, now holding the same position for the Dolphins, sported pads and a helmet Tuesday to help out with tackling drills:
#Dolphins WR coach and former NFL player Shawn Jefferson is hitting today in a helmet and shoulder pads. Wow. pic.twitter.com/09doPtN5dU— James Walker (@JamesWalkerNFL) August 16, 2016
Dave Birkett confirms Jefferson used to do the same drills in Detroit.
- The NFL is testing out an eighth official on the field during Week 2 of the preseason. The league tested this out last year during the preseason, as well. Typically, only seven officials are on the field during games.
- Ford Field was denied in their bid to host the NCAA Championship game in 2019, but in their latest bid, they are trying to host a Division II or III championship in the next few years.
- The Detroit Lions are offering some new food choices at Ford Field this year, including MEGA-DONUT:
New this @Lions season: #BigBlueDonut— Ford Field (@fordfield) August 16, 2016
➕ = pic.twitter.com/9P2q6SuEFV