- Strangely, Haloti Ngata wasn't on the field much on Monday. Jim Caldwell wasn't asked about the situation, but it's probably safe to assume the Detroit Lions were just trying to limit his snaps at his age.
- However, Ngata was seen playing a different role on Monday: mentor to A'Shawn Robinson:
So this was evident today. Ngata has taken A'Shawn under his wing..... pic.twitter.com/4BAMM5r0Xz— Brian Bartell™ (@brian_bartell) August 2, 2016
- Monday wasn't all love and harmony. Laken Tomlinson got into a brief spat with defensive lineman Stefan Charles:
Laken Tomlinson and Stefan Charles just got into it before being separated. Laken threw a punch.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) August 1, 2016
- The offensive line is continuing to struggle at camp. Or spun nicely: the Lions defensive line is dominating at camp. Either way, this is a really bad sign for the Lions' centers:
For second straight day DL has dominated OL in one on one protection drills with the C position losing 8 of 9 rushes. #LionsCamp— Jennifer Hammond (@HammerFox2) August 1, 2016
- As for an injury update, not much changed from Sunday's practice. Theo Riddick sat out for a second straight practice and was seen limping on the sidelines. However, Riddick doesn't seem worried:
Lions RB Theo Riddick appeared to have a limp when he came out to practice today. Asked about it, he said "Nah, I'm good." He DNP today— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 1, 2016
- If you had wristbands for the Lions' rained-out practice last Friday, good news:
For Lions fans with wristbands from 1st practice of camp that was cancelled...they can be redeemed for priority seating at Saturday practice— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 1, 2016
Saturday's practice is Family Day at Ford Field. Fans with Ford wristbands can sit in section 127 near the 50-yard line— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) August 1, 2016
- Marvin Jones is already having an impressive camp with his new team.
- As always, here are your official highlights and photos from Day 4.