- Jim Caldwell wouldn’t tip his hand on whether any of the Detroit Lions key starters would play during Thursday’s game against the Bills. On Tuesday Caldwell said, “There will be some guys that will play. There will be some guys that will play a little and there will be some guys that won’t play at all.” However, Dave Birkett thinks it’s very unlikely the Lions play any of their skills players at all.
- Geoff Schwartz thanked the Lions organization for their time in an Instagram post.
- Speaking of Instagram, this is a thing:
- Before being called up to the New York Jets, then eventually landing with the Lions, Luke Marquardt was spending his time as a substitute teacher.
- Bleacher Report’s Chris Simms has the Lions at No. 14 on his preseason power rankings:
- Pro Football Focus has a Detroit Lions cheat-sheet that nicely encapsulates the 2016 team — except the part where they list Theo Riddick as the starting running back.
- Wow, things could have been much, much worse for Teddy Bridgewater:
Source confirms tibiofemoral dislocation, ruptured ACL for Bridgewater. "Trainers may have saved his leg and career by quick action."— Will Carroll (@injuryexpert) August 31, 2016
- I joined Nate Lundy to preview the Detroit Lions 2016 season. Listen here: