- The Detroit Lions offense was mediocre in 2015, but in red zone efficiency, they were one of the league's best. Matthew Stafford is a big reason why:
Was looking at some stats and ran into this stunner: Matthew Stafford threw 26 TD passes and 0 INTs in the red zone last year! Wow.— Jordan Raanan (@JordanRaanan) August 4, 2016
- Bill Barnwell of ESPN projected each team's chances of having a Hall of Famer on their current roster. He gave the Lions just a 1-10 percent chance, which is hard to argue against now that Calvin Johnson is gone. He credits Matthew Stafford, Ezekiel Ansah, Anquan Boldin and Haloti Ngata as the most likely candidates. Considering two of those players built their careers elsewhere, that is a saddening state of affairs.
- Caraun Reid is feeling much better after having surgery on his ankle. That injury apparently slowed him all year in 2015.
- SideLion Report has five predictions for the Detroit Lions 2016 season.
- Former Lions running back Reggie Bush has a new home:
The #Bills are signing RB Reggie Bush to a 1-year, incentive-laden deal, source said. Physical was fine, he'll likely practice tomorrow.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 1, 2016
- Tom Jackson is officially retiring from ESPN. He has been a fixture of their NFL coverage for over two decades and NFL Primetime is going to be strange without him.
- Excellent troll job, Pro Football Hall of Fame:
Brett Favre's Hall of Fame locker features both a Packers and a Vikings jersey. (via Pro Football Hall of Fame) pic.twitter.com/V4RSqX6PEH— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) August 4, 2016