It’s Week 1, which means it’s the week where we know nothing about everyone and most of our predictions end up looking foolish. We’ve already seen this with the season opener. In our official Pick’em league of about 50 players, only 10 picked the Broncos to beat the +3 spread over the Panthers.
This has got us here at Pride Of Detroit feeling a bit nervous, considering all 11 of us are predicting the Detroit Lions to win their opener on the road against the Indianapolis Colts. Maybe if we broaden our scope, we’ll see a different outlook of the game. Here’s a roundup of all the predictions we could find for Lions-Colts.
- The staff at Detroit Jock City is split, with three of five writers picking the Lions over the Colts.
- Kyle Meinke of MLive is picking the Lions.
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press has the Colts.
- Jeff Risdon of SideLion Report has the Lions in a squeaker.
So things are pretty evenly split locally, but how is the game viewed nationally? Quite different, actually.
- ESPN’s staff voted 7-2 in favor of the Colts in their weekly picks.
- CBS went in the opposite direction, with five of eight picking the Lions.
- Four of five analysts at FOX Sports are picking the Colts.
- At fellow SB Nation blog Stampede Blue, the writers are less one-sided in their voting than us, with one choosing the Lions to win and the other picking the Colts.
- Of the staff at NFL Network, three of four are going with the Colts.
- Here at SB Nation, six of nine are siding with the Colts.
So if we tally those numbers up, here’s what we get:
Locally (excluding Pride Of Detroit): 5-3 Lions
Nationally: 24-13 Colts
Alright, time for our perfectly unbiased poll. Who’s going to win tonight?