- Matthew Stafford is a nominee for FedEx’s Week 1 Air Player of the Week. Vote for him here.
- ESPN revamped their QBR statistic this year and after Week 1 Stafford ranks fourth overall with a score of 89.6 (out of 100). However, Blaine Gabbert ranks second overall, so take this new statistic with a grain of salt.
- The Detroit Lions offense created a ton of big plays on Sunday:
The Lions recorded 21 plays of at least 10-plus yards vs. the Colts, which is the most in the NFL through Week 1. https://t.co/kUsC72Oz2y— Tim Twentyman (@ttwentyman) September 13, 2016
- Want to watch Lions punter Sam Martin belt out N’Sync in the car? Obviously the answer is yes. Here he is doing “Carpool Karaoke” with DetroitLions.com’s Tori Petry.
- Here are some extra details to Theo Riddick’s new contract:
Some final numbers on new deals for Riddick/Martin. Riddick $3.85m signing bonus, base salaries of $825k, $2.7m, $3.2m + per gm RBs each yr— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) September 13, 2016
Birkett has more on Martin’s deal here.
- Tim Twentyman broke down the X’s and O’s from Theo Riddick’s 21-yard touchdown run.
- Marvin Jones was Wired For Sound against the Colts. Check out the video here. It’s pretty entertaining.