- The Ringer put out an interesting article detailing the NFL’s move to short passes in Week 1 of the regular season. The Detroit Lions are one of the teams highlighted in the column that calls Matthew Stafford the “dink-and-dunk champion.” It’s a good read, and you’ll be rewarded with an Ameer Abdullah ankle-breaking route GIF at the end.
- Another Lions player cut this offseason has found a spot on an active roster elsewhere:
Bills promote offensive lineman Gabe Ikard from practice squad to active roster for tonight's game, according to a source— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) September 15, 2016
Ikard ended up playing in just five special teams snaps on Thursday night.
- The Detroit Lions are rolling out a ton of new attractions at Ford Field this year, including a zipline. The Detroit Free Press does a good job detailing all of the new activities you’ll see this season.
- If you are going to the game this weekend, be aware of construction around Detroit:
Driving to Lions game on Sunday? I-75 will be closed between crooks (EXIT 72) and M-59 (EXIT 77) Fri. at 11 PM until Mon. at 5 AM.— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) September 16, 2016
- Offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter breaks down the Tennessee Titans defense in the return of the fantastic DetroitLions.com feature “Weekly Matchup.”
- The Lions are worth more than they were last year, but they’ve dropped to the 31st most valuable franchise.
- Our friends over at Music City Miracles aren’t predicting too close of a game. They have the Lions winning 34-20.
- Former Lions preseason darling Greg Salas scored his first NFL touchdown Thursday night with the Buffalo Bills. Eric Ebron, who was teammates with Salas briefly in Detroit, gave him props:
I See You Salas!!!— Eric Ebron (@Ebron85) September 16, 2016