Here at Pride Of Detroit, thanks to Alex Reno, we don’t quite have a full consensus on who will win on Sunday between the Detroit Lions and Tennessee Titans. Ten of 11 staff member have Detroit winning, and most have predicted scores nearing a blowout.
Though last week, most experts around the country didn’t have faith in the Lions against the Colts, many of them have are backing Detroit this week. Let’s take a look at expert picks from around the web.
- The staff at Detroit Jock City are unanimously picking the Lions this week, with Detroit winning by an average margin of 8.8 points. All five writers had the Lions scoring at least 24 points.
- Kyle Meinke of MLive.com believes the Lions will struggle but ultimately win.
- Matt Urban of SideLion Report picks the Lions to win 31-28.
- Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press thinks there’s “no reason the Lions shouldn’t move to 2-0,” picking Detroit 27-17.
Nationally, things aren’t so unanimous. Take a look:
- At our headquarters, SB Nation, eight of nine experts are picking the Lions over the Titans.
- At FOX Sports, however, only one of five are picking Detroit.
- Seven of eight writers at CBS Sports have the Lions moving to 2-0.
- Only two of nine ESPN analysts picked the Titans to win.
- Over at Music City Miracles, they are still picking Detroit to beat their hometown Titans.
Locally: 8-0 Lions
Nationally: 24-8 Lions
So, locally, it appears only our own Alex Reno is predicting a loss, while nationally, the Lions are still a heavy favorite to win in Week 2. In fact, in Yahoo!’s survival pick’em leagues, the Lions are the fourth-most popular choice to win this week.
Personally, this game is giving me a bad feeling, which is why I only chose the Lions to win by three points. But with kickoff just hours away, we shall soon see.