- ESPN’s Field Yates announced on Friday morning the Detroit Lions had restructured Brandon Pettigrew’s contact. The veteran tight end was going to make $3.65 million this year, but will now be paid at a weekly rate equivalent to $2.2 million per year. If he is elevated to the 53-man active squad after serving his six weeks on the PUP, his weekly rate bumps back up to the $3.65 million/year rate. The benefit for Pettigrew is he now has $1.2 million guaranteed.
- Golden Tate (Notre Dame) vs. Quandre Diggs (Texas). Eric Ebron (UNC) vs. Matthew Stafford (Georgia). This video of Lions players arguing about their alma maters is hilarious and a must-see.
- Just in case you were wondering:
All Lions standing for the anthem, fyi— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) September 1, 2016
- Sorry for the blurriness, but watch Jay Lee pick up two great blocks on Dwayne Washington’s huge run:
- Most of us at Pride of Detroit disagree, but Dave Birkett and Kyle Meinke both believe Jake Rudock has done enough to warrant backup quarterback consideration.
- Watch unofficial friend of the site Jace Billingsley talk about his performance after Thursday’s game.
- Tyrunn Walker will join Giants defensive lineman Damon Harrison this weekend in New Iberia, Louisiana to help fix up their hometown after the recent flood.