- Jay Cutler left the Chicago Bears’ “Monday Night Football’ contest against the Philadelphia Eagles in the third quarter with an injury to his throwing hand. Early reports on Tuesday suggest this is a serious injury, but will not require surgery:
#Bears coach John Fox says at his news conference that QB Jay Cutler has a thumb sprain. It appears there will be no surgery, so just rehab.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 20, 2016
- Cutler wasn’t the only player injured Monday night for the Bears. They’re hurting:
#Bears Injury recap:— Aaron Leming (@AaronLemingNFL) September 20, 2016
-Houston likely torn ACL
-Cutler possible broken thumb
-Eddie Goldman high ankle sprain
-Amos & Callahan concussions
No surgery for now for Cutler but LB Danny Trevathan will have surgery for a thumb injury. Not a season ended, Fox says.— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) September 20, 2016
The Detroit Lions play the Bears in Week 4 and Week 14.
- The Scouting Academy gave Taylor Decker some love on his second-level blocking:
NFL Week 2 Film Review: OT influencing DL upfield + fitting on 2nd level DB via #Lions OT Taylor Decker (@TDeck68): pic.twitter.com/Z9czJk82be— The Scouting Academy (@TheScoutAcademy) September 19, 2016
- Tim Twentyman broke down what went wrong on Matthew Stafford’s game-ending interception.
- MLive’s Kyle Meinke thinks Eric Ebron is off to a great start in 2016.
- Still feeling down from the loss? SideLion Report has three positive takeaways from Detroit’s loss to the Titans—none on defense, though.
- Eric Ebron wasn’t awarded one of the top catches of the week on NFL Network’s “Good Morning Football,” for his amazing one-handed grab, but that wasn’t important to Ebron:
No one cares if you didn't win. Including myself. I'm ok with being looked passed I don't do that for a top spot. I do this for W's https://t.co/JCv518crIW— Eric Ebron (@Ebron85) September 20, 2016
- Not surprising, but Matthew Stafford suffered the most from drops of any quarterback in Week 2:
Eagles QB Carson Wentz has had 3 passes dropped worth 82 yards. 2nd-most yards for any QB this week (only Matt Stafford had more) #PHIvsCHI— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) September 20, 2016