- Despite their loss to the Tennessee Titans, the Detroit Lions still rank sixth overall in Football Outsiders’ DVOA. According to the advanced metrics site, the Lions have the third best offense in the league, but the 27th rated defense. Mostly thanks to the consistency of Sam Martin, the Lions rank fourth in special teams, too.
- Football Outsiders also called the Titans-Lions game the Game of the Week in terms of clutch performances. In that article, they drop this interesting nugget:
Under Jim Caldwell, the Lions have lost an NFL-high five games with a lead of at least 12 points since 2014 (including playoffs).
- The Lions hosted Joique Bell for a visit on Tuesday, but haven’t signed him yet. Bell seems eager to play:
I'm ready when you're ready.— Joique Bell (@JoiqueBell) September 20, 2016
- Tahir Whitehead was “Wired for Sound” during Sunday’s game against the Titans.
- The Lions made the signing of receiver Aaron Dobson official Wednesday morning. Word is that he signed for the league minimum:
Dobson got a one-year deal worth the league minimum.— Jeff Howe (@jeffphowe) September 20, 2016
- It’s been some time since we’ve checked in with SandmanLions. Here are his “Slowlights” from the Lions-Titans game:
- Jeff Risdon of SideLion Report has a must-read breakdown of what is going wrong with guard Laken Tomlinson.
- Sam Martin: Coming to a drive-thru near you: