- Kerry Hyder was easy to notice on Thursday against the Buffalo Bills, but it’s still hard to believe he had 12 quarterback pressures (7 hurries, 4 sacks, 1 QB hit), according to Pro Football Focus.
- Hyder’s entire preseason was dominant. So much so that he led all NFL defensive players in quarterback pressures:
Highest number of total pressures this preseason:— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) September 2, 2016
Kerry Hyder, DET 17
Steven Means, PHI 15
Romeo Okwara, NYG 15
3 tied with 14
- ESPN rated the job security of all NFL coaches. Jim Caldwell was one of three head coaches with the highest “hot seat” rating at 5.
- Similarly, the Lions currently have the fifth-longest odds (75:1) to finish the regular season with the best NFL record. They have the fourth-shortest odds (16:1) to finish with the worst record. All according to Bovada.lv.
- This has been a special preseason for Jace Billingsley:
Billingsley said they were lucky to draw 3K for a game. He'd never even been to an NFL game until Lions played Pit in preseason. Crazy story— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) September 3, 2016
- This is an excellent read from former Eagles linebacker Emmanuel Acho, describing what NFL cut weekend is like for players.