- PFF released their grades for rookie left tackles in the NFL this year, and Detroit Lions first-round pick Taylor Decker looks to be excelling at pass blocking:
Pass Blocking Efficiency for rookies just at LT: 1.Ronnie Stanley 94.4 2.Taylor Decker 92.1 3.Laremy Tunsil 91.7— Nathan Jahnke (@PFF_NateJahnke) September 30, 2016
Grading second out of three doesn’t tell us all that much, be he is doing better than Laremy Tunsil, who was drafted three spots higher than Decker.
- According to ESPN’s power index, there’s not a lot at stake for the Bears or Lions on Sunday, but mostly because their probability model doesn’t give either team much of a chance to make the playoffs this year:
- The Lions have only forced one turnover through three games, fewest in the NFL. Kyle Meinke of MLive tries to figure out why.
- I joined the “Chicago Bears Review” podcast this week. We kind of previewed the Bears-Lions game, but mostly, Larry and I just had a sad about our respective teams:
- Ameer Abdullah weighed in on the kneeling statement in the NFL, which has spilled over to his alma mater, Nebraska.
- It sounds like Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin knows he can’t be as patient as he was last year:
Austin said he was maybe a little too patient last year. Sounds like he'll be willing to make some big changes if the D doesn't tighten— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) September 29, 2016
- Week 4 captains:
Captains: Darius Slay, Golden Tate, Brandon Copeland— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) September 30, 2016