- Josh Sitton didn’t last long as a free agent. The former All-Pro Packers guard visited the Chicago Bears on Sunday and didn’t leave until he signed a three-year deal with the team.
- Additionally, the Bears swapped kickers, releasing longtime special teamer Robbie Gould and signing Connor Barth in his place, who was just released by the New Orleans Saints.
- The Detroit Lions face the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday and will be up against a completely broken-down secondary:
#Colts head coach Chuck Pagano RE: Colts CBs pic.twitter.com/RZVVkWoet0— Justin Simon (@justincsimon) September 4, 2016
- Jeff Risdon of SideLion Report gave his 10 thoughts on the Lions 53-man roster.
- The Detroit Lions brought in two tight ends for a tryout on Monday: Nic Jacobs and Marcel Jensen. Jacobs was one of the highlighted waiver wire options at tight end we highlighted last week.
- A handful of players changed their numbers after the Lions trimmed their roster down:
.@Lions roster number updates— Eamonn Reynolds (@Eamonn_Reynolds) September 5, 2016
A. Roberts #12
J. Bademosi #29
T. Armbrister #50
A. Quarless #82
O. Charles #84
- Here’s more evidence that the Minnesota Vikings were crazy to deal a first and fourth-round pick for Sam Bradford:
The Sam Bradford comment in FOA 2016 is about how he and Shaun Hill are the same QB except in salary. @FO_VVerhei is psychic.— Aaron Schatz (@FO_ASchatz) September 3, 2016