- Not much is thought of the Indianapolis Colts defense, but considering all of the injuries in the secondary, things are even worse for Indy. Mike Clay, fantasy football writer for ESPN, believes Matthew Stafford could be in for a monstrous day in Week 1:
Colts D* was already poor. Now Anderson, Jones, Vontae and Geathers all out for Week 1? Stafford might put up 450-5— Mike Clay (@MikeClayNFL) September 5, 2016
- The Colts and the Detroit Lions have two of the three NFL coaches on the hot seat, according to Yahoo! Sports.
- Kyle Meinke of MLive.com ranked the top 25 most important Lions players for the 2016 season (WARNING: Slideshow).
- You may have already known that the Lions ran the ball the fewest of any teams in the NFL last year, but that stat doesn’t account for Detroit playing from behind often — therefore passing more often. A reader over at Field Gulls tried to eliminate that factor, and the results are pretty interesting.
- Despite the addition of Josh Sitton, Haloti Ngata believes the Vikings — not the Bears — have the best offensive line in the NFC North:
John Sitton improves @ChicagoBears, but @Vikings' O-line best in NFC North, says #Lions' Haloti Ngata https://t.co/FX7YXCT6MQ— Detroit Free Press (@freep) September 6, 2016
- Jon Bostic, who was expected to go on the injured reserve list but surprisingly did not, doesn’t sound like he’s close to returning at this point:
Jon Bostic on crutches with a boot on his left foot in Lions locker room— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) September 5, 2016
- There’s a new Color Rush jersey rumor floating around via Reddit. It claims the Lions will be wearing a primarily silver jersey. (Via Detroit Jock City)