- Friday morning the Detroit Lions announced that they have released running back George Winn from the practice squad, while adding offensive lineman Chase Farris to the 10-man team. Farris was an undrafted free agent this year, while Winn had been with the Lions since 2014.
- Jim Caldwell announced the Lions’ captains for Week 1:
Lions captains for the opener: Matthew Stafford, Glover Quin, Don Muhlbach— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) September 9, 2016
- According to Nielsen.com (via reddit), the Detroit Lions are among the top 10 in media exposure. That seems... strange.
- The Lions will play their first game of the season on September 11, and will be wearing a decal on their helmet to honor the people who we lost on that day:
- Do you like game-by-game predictions for the Lions’ season? Good, because I’ve got two of them here: Detroit Jock City (slideshow) and MLive (slideshow).
- Have you checked out SB Nation’s 2016 NFL preview? It’s as beautiful as it is informative.
- Thursday night’s opener featured Broncos fullback Andy Janovich scoring on his first NFL carry. I seem to remember someone else recently scoring their first career touchdown on their first career carry:
- It’s true: