The Detroit Lions took an ugly bounce to end their season. Even though the Seattle-Detroit game was 10-6 going into the fourth quarter, the Seahawks ended up sweeping the Lions out quickly, putting a knot on a four-game skid to end the year.
Before the game, it was announced that Lions coach Jim Caldwell would return in 2017, and popular talk is that this should be reevaluated after the playoff loss. That seems a little insane, but that’s why we have a PODcast: to talk about this kind of stuff.
We’re staying strong through the offseason and we’ll continue to bring this sweet audio to your beautiful ears each week. So why not download and subscribe to the PODcast on iTunes, and leave a review while you’re there? Or if iTunes isn’t your thing, try Stitcher.
This week on the PODcast
- The final word from Seattle! Oh no, this didn’t look good. Was there anything positive to look at for next season?
- What all happened with the Lions to end this year? What was the catalyst that caused everything to fall apart?
- We discuss the future of the site as we enter into the second offseason with our current crew. Spoiler alert: we’re still here with you.
- Coach talk. Jim Caldwell is staying, Jim Bob Cooter is perhaps more green than people thought, and Teryl Austin is interviewing for jobs. What’s the reaction to each of these figures and what can Lions fans learn from how the Jaguars were forced to settle?
- Very early offseason prognostication. Addressing what we think will be the first moves by the Detroit Lions.
- With the Lions out, who are we rooting for in the NFL playoffs? Ryan’s answer might enrage you.
- Mailbag asks where listcast and food arguments will go in 2017, talks about movies to compare the Lions season, Zach Zenner, trading bad fans for picks and cursed jerseys (Jeremy knows this one well).