- Kerry Hyder spent nearly all of 2015 on the Detroit Lions’ practice squad. So it should come as little surprise that, after his eight-sack season, the team named him the most improved player of 2016:
- The Lions offensive line ranked 19th in efficiency according to Pro Football Focus.
- ESPN’s Mike Rothstein thinks Larry Warford may be the top free agent guard available, if the Lions don’t re-sign him first.
- Relocation in the NFL means a big financial gain for the Lions (and the other 30 teams that didn’t move):
Lions may get cash windfall for Chargers, Rams moves to L.A. https://t.co/QUm3G1aKMn— Crain's Detroit Biz (@crainsdetroit) January 12, 2017
- A’Shawn Robinson is an intimidating man:
- Calvin Johnson visited the White House this week. No word on if he was given a presidential order to return to the football field:
- Teryl Austin obviously didn’t land a head coaching job again this year, and according to Dave Birkett, no Lions coordinator has jumped to a head coaching job since the ‘70s (not including Dick Jauron):