- Despite being the fourth offensive tackle off the board in the 2016 NFL Draft, Detroit Lions rookie Taylor Decker was named to the Pro Football Writers of America All-Rookie Team, along with Jack Conklin of the Tennessee Titans. You can view the full list here.
- For those already focused on the draft, Jeff Risdon of RealGM has extensive notes on Tuesday’s East-West Shrine Game practice.
- The Lions’ defense left a lot to be desired in 2016:
Detroit allowed QBs to complete 72.9% of their passes. The difference between them and anybody else was the same as next 23 teams combined.— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) January 17, 2017
- It shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that the Lions’ front seven on defense was ranked 30th in the league by Pro Football Focus.
- Don Carey was once again named Special Teams MVP by the Detroit Lions players.
- Erik Schlitt of Detroit Jock City has a great, detailed breakdown of the Larry Warford situation and adds why he believes the Lions will move on.
- The Lions have three players—Larry Warford, Riley Reiff and Devin Taylor—on John Clayton’s top 50 free agents of 2017 list. (Insider required)
- This offseason Zach Zenner is returning to the lab to continue his medical research in Detroit.