- Over the past week, we’ve discussed the Detroit Lions’ great need for a pass rusher, and have mostly pointed out options in the upcoming NFL Draft. However, Brad Gagnon of Bleacher Report predicted the biggest free agency moves of 2017 and has Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul landing in Detroit.
- It shouldn’t come as any surprise, but the Detroit Lions have named Matthew Stafford their Offensive MVP for 2016.
- Let’s check in on what Lions fans have been googling lately:
So this is a thing: pic.twitter.com/XPvP4uHPaA— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) January 19, 2017
- Dave Birkett thinks Stafford deserves the mega-extension he’s likely to get, but admits that he needs to play better for the Lions to make a deep playoff run.
- Matthew Stafford’s wife, Kelly, posted a pretty neat moment on Instagram. The announcement to her friends and family that she and Matthew were going to have twins:
- Mel Kiper Jr. held a teleconference on Thursday and said the Lions couldn’t pass on running back Dalvin Cook should he still be there at the 21st overall pick.
- Justin Rogers listed 10 free agents that would fit well in Detroit, including A.J. Bouye and LeGarrette Blount. (Warning: Slideshow)