- The Detroit Lions only had one representative in the Pro Bowl, but kicker Matt Prater did his job, and did it well:
In case you're up late and desperately seeking #Lions news: Matt Prater was 2/2 for FGs in the Pro Bowl and 1/1 for XPs.— Pride Of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) January 30, 2017
His two field goals were from 42 and 46 yards out.
- Prater also seemed very humbled by the experience. Here’s an interview with him after the all-star game:
I caught up with @MattPrater_5 after the game to talk about his first time playing in the #ProBowl: https://t.co/DVUI7FjTKd pic.twitter.com/yiYJYzMIg9— Tori Petry (@sportstori) January 30, 2017
- According to the Detroit Free Press’ Dave Birkett, Tyrunn Walker missed a $150,000 play-time bonus by just seven snaps.
- Kerry Hyder fulfilled one of his biggest dreams over the weekend:
Lifelong dream fulfilled today at #NFLExperience, courtesy of @NickelodeonTV!! #slimed #NickSB51 pic.twitter.com/HzVhX9cuWw— Kerry Hyder Jr. (@KerryhyderJR) January 30, 2017
- Birkett also fed into the Jace Billingsley hype over the weekend by saying he, “... should contend for playing time next year.”
- Matt Millen spoke with the Free Press on Monday to offer some insight to John Lynch, who was similarly hired from the FOX broadcast booth to a team’s front office, becoming the 49ers next general manager.
- The fellas over at MLive believe Devin Taylor was the biggest disappointment for the Lions in 2016.