We’re minutes away from kickoff. The Detroit Lions, down two starting offensive linemen, have all of the odds—both literal and figurative—stacked against them. History favors the Seahawks. Injuries favor the Seahawks. Home field advantage favors the Seahawks.
But in the words of Chris Berman, who announced he will be stepping down from ESPN NFL coverage after this year, “That’s why they play the game.”
Anything can happen on Saturday night, so why not spend it with us? We rarely get the fortune of Lions postseason football, so just enjoy the ride and hope for the best.
To get your ready for the game, be sure to check out our pregame coverage. Here’s a sampling:
- Lions-Seahawks preview, prediction
- Staff picks
- Gameday inactives
- Five Questions with Seahawks blog Field Gulls
- Recap of the history between the Lions and Seahawks
- Lions-Seahawks hype videos compilation
- Weather forecast for Lions-Seahawks
Enjoy the game, everybody. Please take a minute to remind yourselves of the Community Guidelines. Go Lions!