- Pro Football Focus ranked the offensive lines of all 32 teams based on average grades through five weeks. It should come as no surprise that the Detroit Lions landed near the bottom of the list, ranking 26th overall. Here’s a blurb on what they had to say about the Lions’ struggles:
Former Rams left tackle Greg Robinson was forced to start due to the injury to Taylor Decker, and he has not performed particularly well, ranking as PFF’s 68th-graded offensive tackle so far. Robinson has surrendered 21 total pressures in five games, the sixth-most at his position. In terms of blocking for the run, Detroit runners average just 0.61 yards before contact, which is the third-fewest in the NFL
- The Lions have yet to make the signing official but Datone Jones sounds excited to join the team:
I am very honored & thankful to be apart of the @Lions. Thanks to my family & friends and the ford family.— Datone Jones (@IAM_Dat_One) October 10, 2017
- Jones wasn’t the only defensive lineman the Lions looked at this week. Apparently the brought in two defensive tackles to try out on Tuesday. Hopefully this is just normal procedure and not a response to Haloti Ngata’s elbow injury:
#Lions worked out former # Bears 3rd-round DT Will Sutton and former 5th-rounder DT Caraun Reid.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) October 10, 2017
- You can’t make this up: Darren Fells was mic’d up for the Detroit Lions on Sunday. Check out the on-field audio for the Lions-Panthers game here.
- Here’s a blast from the not-so-distant past:
#Buccaneers signed former #Lions 4th-rounder DE Larry Webster to their practice squad.— Adam Caplan (@caplannfl) October 10, 2017
- Eric Ebron and Matthew Stafford met after the game and on Monday to try to get Ebron out of his funk. “I’ve been in the dumps and haven’t been as mentally engaged as I should be,” Ebron told the Detroit Free Press in an interview on Tuesday.
- Ebron, Miles Killebrew, and Tahir Whitehead hosted a Play 60 event at Ford Field on Tuesday:
- Justin Rogers’ 10 film observations shines some light on pass protection issues and Detroit’s impressive day stopping the run against the Panthers.