- During Sunday’s game against the Carolina Panthers, Ryan Mathews tweeted this out from the Pride of Detroit Twitter account.
Glover Quin is the best safety in the league. Don't @ me.— Pride of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) October 8, 2017
Well, it turns out he’s absolutely right. Through five weeks in the 2017 season, Glover Quin is the highest rated safety in the league per Pro Football Focus:
PFF’s Brett Whitefield broke down what makes Glover Quin so good.
- Detroit Lions Podcast has a nice breakdown of the Saints offense and how the Lions may be able to beat it for the second year in a row.
- Thus far, T.J. Lang has been the second-best guard in the NFL, per PFF. Additionally, Tahir Whitehead ranks ninth among all linebackers:
The top graded guards through Week 5 pic.twitter.com/gwpZlj9Q3R— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) October 11, 2017
- With Haloti Ngata likely out for the season, the Lions may be relying heavily on free agent addition Datone Jones. Whitefield has a nice PFF breakdown of the new defensive lineman.
- Speaking of Ngata, Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press believes the veteran defensive tackle deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, even if he’s already played his last game.
- Theo Riddick may be seeing more third down snaps in the future if he keeps laying out blitzing defensive backs like this:
Love a good RB blitz pickup pic.twitter.com/D2bQ6i71dX— Brandon Thorn (@VeteranScout) October 11, 2017
- Learn more about everybody’s new favorite tight end Darren Fells in this week’s episode of #AskALion.
- With all of the defensive line injuries, is it time to break out the Andre Fluellen signal? He looks ready: