- According to Pro Football Reference, Matthew Stafford is the most sacked quarterback (23) in the league through Week 6. He has also lost the most yards (144) due to sacks.
- That’s obviously not all that surprising, considering Detroit’s offensive line woes. Unfortunately for the Lions, it appears all of their opponents are well aware of their front-line issues. Stafford is currently the second most blitzed quarterback in the NFL:
- Greg Robinson’s plays through six games? Not nice:
Greg Robinson is ranked 69th among offensive tackles. (Out of 71.)— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) October 16, 2017
- Linebacker Jarrad Davis seemed particularly down on himself after Sunday’s performance. “I have no explanation right now,” Davis told The Detroit News. When asked how he’ll get better during the bye, Davis said, “Honestly, look myself in the mirror and say, ‘You are either going to get better or you are going to stay and keep getting beat.’”
- After Golden Tate dropped The People’s Elbow on the football as part of his endzone celebration, he got a little recognition from The People’s Champ:
- Lions cornerback Nevin Lawson was asked about Aaron Rodgers’ injury and what it means for the Lions. Lawson was in no mood to talk about that, and uttered a sentence that will forever endear himself to many Lions fans:
Here is the direct quote from Nevin Lawson: "We just played a game. I ain't worried about no damn Aaron Rodgers. Fuck Aaron Rodgers."— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) October 15, 2017
- The Packers have not placed Aaron Rodgers on injured reserve (yet), but they did promote quarterback Joe Callahan from their practice squad and place starting nickel cornerback Quinten Rollins on IR with an achilles injury.
- Darius Slay jersey swapped with fellow No. 23 and Saints rookie cornerback Marshon Lattimore: