- Because it’s the bye week, the Detroit Lions had practice on Tuesday. Sam Martin was back at practice, but the following 12 players, including Matthew Stafford, did not take part:
Not practicing for Lions today: Stafford, Tate, Golladay, TJ Jones, Lang, Cleary, Greg Robinson, Ansah, Zettel, A'Shawn, Worrilow, Glover— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) October 17, 2017
Kyle Meinke of MLive has a nice breakdown of the injury situations for all 12 players.
- Ryan Mathews and myself joined Matt Dery for his “Locked on Lions” podcast. It’s basically a second helping of the PODcast. Give it a listen:
- Theo Riddick was mic’d up for Sunday’s game against the Saints. You know what that means? WOOs every time that he touches the ball.
- S.O.S. Save our Stafford:
Matthew Stafford is on pace to get sacked 61 times. No @NFL QB has been sacked 60+ times in over a decade.— Andrew Siciliano (@AndrewSiciliano) October 16, 2017
(Kitna 2006. 63 w/DET)
- Don Carey’s book “It’s Not Because I’m Better Than You,” was officially released this week. You can purchase it here or catch him during his local book tour. MLive has more information about his tour.
- I think it’s safe to say that Lions receivers need to do a better job getting open:
Here's what Stafford was looking at before first strip-sack TD. Four receiving options draped by Saints blankets. pic.twitter.com/yId6P1zxPR— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) October 17, 2017
- Let’s end this thing on something positive. Matthew Stafford has been masterful on third downs, believe it or not:
These QB's are the best & worst on 3rd Down, according to passer rating#FlyEaglesFly #GoPats #OnePride #Browns #Jaguars #Steelers pic.twitter.com/DgvrIiWgNb— NFL Matchup on ESPN (@NFLMatchup) October 17, 2017