- The NFL trade deadline usually happens to be one of the most inactive of all sports, but that doesn’t stop the speculation train from chugging along. Spotrac listed the top trade deadline candidates at every positions and two Detroit Lions made the list: Theo Riddick and Eric Ebron.
- Congrats to Eric Ebron, who had the best bye week of any Detroit Lions player:
- ESPN’s Michael Rothstein investigated the TheraGun: a battery-operated massager used by players like Marvin Jones Jr. to loosen muscles and work out knots.
- Bryce Rossler of Detroit Lions Podcast had an excellent Twitter thread on how good A’Shawn Robinson has been playing, specifically against the Saints last week. Here are a couple of interesting highlights:
A'shawn played zone runs so well this game. Denies Peat the cross-face, tracks the ball carrier, and then sheds Peat by torquing him down. pic.twitter.com/K0D8rVOUyP— Bryce Rossler (@btrossler) October 22, 2017
Solid job of holding the line and leveraging his gap. A'shawn is very mindful of gap integrity, which is great. pic.twitter.com/DWSUYPg0jY— Bryce Rossler (@btrossler) October 22, 2017
Be sure to check out the entire thread, starting here.
- What will the Detroit Lions do if Glover Quin is forced to miss a game due to his concussion? MLive’s Nate Atkins lays out a blueprint.
- The Lions offense is the worst in the league at avoiding negative plays... and it isn’t all that close:
NFL offenses ranked by how few tackles at the line of scrimmage and backfield that they allow. New Orleans is magic. pic.twitter.com/uoIpgFYXPw— Justis Mosqueda (@JuMosq) October 23, 2017
- Browns left tackle Joe Thomas finally saw his unbelievable streak of consecutive snaps broken on Sunday. Thomas suffered a torn tricep and will likely miss the rest of the 2017 season. He had played 10,363 consecutive offensive snaps. The Browns will be without Thomas during their Week 10 game against the Lions.