- When Jeff Locke signed with the Detroit Lions, he likely knew his time was limited with the team. So when Detroit did the inevitable and let him go this week after Sam Martin returned to practice, Locke gave a classy goodbye to Detroit via Twitter:
- According to a poll from the “Talk of Fame Network,” 48 percent of fans believe the Detroit Lions are now the favorite to win the NFC North after Aaron Rodgers’ injury.
- The Lions have been trying to give left tackle Greg Robinson as much help as possible on the left side of the line:
...and here's the ten tackles getting the most help (NFL average = 29.2%) pic.twitter.com/6M5d7sZj7h— Neil Hornsby (@PFF_Neil) October 25, 2017
- The Lions didn’t win their bid to host the 2018 NFL Draft, but team president Rod Wood is “feeling good” about their chances to host a draft in the very near future.
- Matt Prater officially signed his extension on Wednesday. Here are some awesome facts about Prater:
Currently in his 4th season with DET, @MattPrater_5 already owns 6 of 10 longest FGs in Lions history, including the Top 4 (59, 58, 58, 57).— Eamonn Reynolds (@Eamonn_Reynolds) October 25, 2017
Owner of the longest FG (59) and highest career FG pct (85.7) in franchise history is back for three more seasons. https://t.co/nBQcAuge1g— Eamonn Reynolds (@Eamonn_Reynolds) October 25, 2017
- On Tuesday, the Lions reportedly worked out receiver Jake Kumerow. While the Lions don’t appear to be on the verge of signing Kumerow, Lions Wire has the interesting story of Kumerow’s career.
- Well this is an interesting story: