- Former NFL running back Maurice Jones-Drew predicted that the Detroit Lions would reach the Super Bowl on the Dave Dameshek Football Program. Take a look (h/t @dgarraston)
- The Detroit Lions announced this week they are selling standing-room only tickets for Sunday’s game against the Carolina Panthers. Here’s where you can purchase them for $50 a ticket. Make it loud, Ford Field!
- Here’s an awesome story from Monday. Several Lions players joined kids who are fighting cancer by dressing up as their favorite superheroes. I’m not sure who makes a better Batman: Miles Killebrew or Darren Fells.
- From over the weekend, MLive’s Kyle Meinke had an outstanding profile on the life and career of long snapper Don Muhlbach. It’s incredible to be learning about some of his eccentricities now, even though he’s been on the team for 14 years now.
- The story even caught national attention from our friends at “Good Morning Football.”
- Another feel good story: On Tuesday, Ezekiel Ansah joined breast cancer survivor and wife of defensive line coach Amy Kocurek to treat other breast cancer survivors for a spa day.
Lions and Amy Kocurek, cancer survivor & DL coach Kris’ wife, are hosting breast cancer patients for day of pampering at the salon today pic.twitter.com/v804O4Bqi3— Tori Petry (@sportstori) October 3, 2017
- Dave Birkett at the Detroit Free Press did a film breakdown of every Anthony Zettel sack this season.
- Our friend “Sandman,” who is continuing his generous ticket donation program, is also giving us the wonderful, wonderful gift of “Slowlights.” Here is the Vikings edition: