- After three consecutive impressive performances out of the bye week, Matthew Stafford is starting to jump up the ranks among his peers. Not only is Stafford sixth in passing touchdowns and fourth in passing yards, but he’s also jumped from 10 to six in Bleacher Report’s Week 11 quarterback rankings.
- The NFL announced all 32 teams’ nominees for the 2017 Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award. The award is given to the player that demonstrates outstanding sportsmanship on the field. For the Detroit Lions’ representative, the team nominated Haloti Ngata:
- Kyle Meinke broke down just how ridiculous Golden Tate’s stats have been since joining the Lions in 2014. His stats this season may turn out to be the best of his career.
- TJ Jones was mic’d up against the Browns. Check it out here, and also get a better look at Ameer Abdullah’s “Salt Bae” celebration.
- You can make a fairly easy argument that the NFC North is the second-best division in the NFL statistically:
NFL point differential by division:— Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) November 14, 2017
AFC East -58
AFC North -72
AFC South -22
AFC West -51
NFC East +19
NFC North +39
NFC South +119
NFC West +26
- Matthew Stafford was named to Forbes’ “30 under 30” list, which compiles a list of under-30-year-old game changers and innovators in several different fields. Stafford was one of 30 people listed under sports, along with fellow NFL players Kam Chancellor and Julio Jones.
- A couple of teammates are getting behind the Darius Slay-to-the-Pro Bowl movement. (Reminder: You can vote here.)
- Former Lions fifth-round pick Caraun Reid has found a new home. He signed with Washington on Tuesday.