- If you were wondering why the Detroit Lions came back against the Cleveland Browns, it wasn’t because DeShone Kizer left the game temporarily or because they benefited from an imploding Browns team. It’s because magic happens when Matthew Stafford is mic’d up. And guess what? Matthew Stafford was mic’d up against the Browns. Watch it here.
- The Detroit Lions’ offensive success on third down wildly varies depending on how many yards they need. It may not surprise you that they are horrible on third-and-short, but actually pretty decent on third-and-longs:
Lions ranks on third-down conversion percentage:— Justin Rogers (@Justin_Rogers) November 15, 2017
Very long (10+) -- 7th
Long (6+) -- 5th
Medium (4-6) -- 5th
Short (under 4) -- 27th
1 yard -- 31st
- The Detroit News’ Justin Rogers has a nice film breakdown piece on 10 observations from the Browns game. Good notes here on Taylor Decker, Detroit’s running game, Jarrad Davis’ struggles and more.
- Notre Dame was blown about by the University of Miami over the weekend, and that meant it was time for former Hurricane Brad Kaaya to troll former Fighting Irish Theo Riddick:
Lions QB (and former Miami QB) Brad Kaaya hung a Miami T-Shirt with the turnover chain over the locker of RB (and Notre Dame product) Theo Riddick on Wednesday in the locker room. https://t.co/1PLDBkUyJw— Michael Rothstein (@mikerothstein) November 15, 2017
- The Chicago Bears are reportedly wearing their “Monsters of the Midway” throwback uniforms for this week’s game against the Detroit. Lions Wire has more on what those look like and how the Bears have performed donning the throwbacks.
- On Tuesday, several Lions players joined with the Neighborhood Service Organization to help distribute coats to those in need. (VIDEO):
- If you’re looking to do a little scouting of your own on the Bears, this breakdown of defensive lineman Akiem Hicks is excellent (and frightening).