- MMQB’s Andy Benoit does a weekly film review of every NFL game on Twitter, and he made a bold proclamation while watching the Detroit Lions vs. Cleveland Browns game:
Example of why Matthew Stafford has been a top-3 QB this year. Audibled to this play when he recognized #Browns blitz presnap, perfect throw to Ebron on double-move vs. S Kindred. #Lions pic.twitter.com/HWjpFX9UCP— Andy Benoit (@Andy_Benoit) November 17, 2017
The stats don’t really back up Benoit’s claim of Stafford being a top three quarterback, but Stafford has been on fire as of late (111.6 passer rating in last three games).
- There’s a brand new “Talkin’ with T.J.” out, and this week T.J. Lang hosts two of his linemates, Graham Glasgow and Travis Swanson. Glasgow reveals that many believe he looks like a fat Chris Pratt. What do you think?
- Pro Football Focus ranked all 32 teams by the amount of rookie snaps they have through 10 weeks. The Lions come in at 15th overall, with Jarrad Davis leading the way among Lions rookies.
- Both the Lions and the Bears have been pretty good at defending third-and-longs this year:
- The Lions defense has really, really missed Haloti Ngata, according to MLive’s Kyle Meinke.
- I joined the Chicago Bears Review podcast to preview Week 11’s game and talk about my life-long frustration with the Bears:
- Darius Slay thinks it would be crazy if he didn’t make the Pro Bowl this year, saying that other receivers are constantly telling him he doesn’t get enough respect. REMINDER: You can vote for Darius Slay to make the Pro Bowl right here.