First Byte is back after a week off to help preview the Detroit Lions’ Week 9 matchup in primetime. This week, the Green Bay Packers stand in the Lions’ way, but without their caped crusader Aaron Rodgers.
So to preview this matchup between two desperate teams, we nabbed the managing editor for Packers blog Acme Packing Company, Tex Western, to help us break down everything we need to know about Green Bay.
This week’s topics:
- How close is Taylor Decker to returning? Is there a chance he goes on Monday?
- Should we be scared of Brett Hundley? Tex breaks down Hundley’s limitations and what we can expect of the Packers backup quarterback out of the bye week.
- Breaking down how Green Bay’s offensive line has held it together without T.J. Lang while dealing with a ton of injuries
- Packers rookie contributions: Tex gives a rundown of how Aaron Jones, Kevin King and Josh Jones have thrived in their early roles
- Ryan makes a bold prediction about the Lions running game
- Jeremy makes a statement he never makes this early in the season
If you’re an avid listener of First Byte and the PODcast, make sure you subscribe to us on iTunes or Stitcher. And don’t forget to give us a rating and review. Jeremy will read every single word of every single review on the PODcast, so don’t hold back.