- Bleacher Report’s scouting team put together a list of free agents that each NFL team should consider looking at for 2018 free agency. Their choice for the Detroit Lions? Running back Frank Gore. While that conceptually makes sense considering Detroit’s short-yardage struggles, Gore will be 35 years old next season.
- The best Lions webseries “Talkin’ with T.J.” has a double dose of TJ this week, as TJ Jones visited with T.J. Lang:
There's a double dose of T.J. this week: @TJLang70 and @IamTJ_Jones! #OnePride— Detroit Lions (@Lions) November 3, 2017
Talkin' with T.J. → https://t.co/DUF8tU48aQ pic.twitter.com/L5tzMeOkd8
- Glover Quin told an interesting story about how the team’s official photographer helped him develop a new drill and is partially responsible for his interception against Ben Roethlisberger last week.
Practice makes perfect.#ThursdayThoughts pic.twitter.com/2rc7Wb0Ny5— Detroit Lions (@Lions) November 2, 2017
- Every SB Nation NFL blog announced their midseason MVP this week. So SB Nation took all 32 MVPs and ranked them. Find out where our choice, Glover Quin, ranks here.
- Fans of early 2000s Nickelodeon are going to love Eric Ebron’s new cleats:
These custom "Rocket Power" cleats, designed for @Ebron85 by DeJesus Custom Footwear, are absolutely incredible. Maybe the best in the NFL this season. #woogitywoogitywoogity pic.twitter.com/GKKplaN4sB— Aaron Dodson (@aardodson) November 3, 2017
- Erik Schlitt of Lions Wire took a deeper look at the Lions’ play-calling and personnel usage on their 100 third-down opportunities this year. Highly recommended read.
- The Detroit Lions took a chance on Greg Robinson after Taylor Decker went down. It doesn’t seem to have paid off:
Most sacks allowed (through Wk 8)— Gil Brandt (@Gil_Brandt) November 3, 2017
M. Watson 7.5
S. Coleman 6.5
G. Robinson 6.5
- The mystery of Sam Martin’s ankle injury that caused him to miss the first six games has finally been solved. According to the Detroit News, a conch shell was the culprit.