- Considering the Detroit Lions have been among the league’s middle-upper tier for some years now, you’d think maybe they’d stop being the butt of jokes from popular culture (ie: this crossword puzzle). That doesn’t seem to be the case, as the TV game show “Who Wants to be a Millionaire”—which apparently still exists—ran this question back in October (h/t: Lions reddit):
- Justin Rogers of the Detroit News believes Theo Riddick is making a case for a bigger role in the Lions run offense, and he may get that opportunity with Ameer Abdullah currently injured.
- Happy belated anniversary, Detroit Lions!
- This isn’t exactly Lions-related, but it’s a great article from The Ringer on how play action has made the lives of quarterbacks like Case Keenum and Jared Goff much easier.
- Theo Riddick was this week’s guest on #AskALion. Check out who played the best prank on the Lions running back
- Draft Wire already has a four-round 2018 NFL mock draft. Our friends at Lions Wire broke down their four selections for the Lions (warning: slideshow).
- Recently the Lions seem to have a unique talent for sliding into the playoffs without a running game. Could they do it again this year?
Since 2011, only 8 of the 72 #NFL playoff qualifying teams (11%) had a bottom five run game— Logan Lamorandier (@LLamorandier) November 30, 2017
3 of those 8 teams have been the #Lions
So other than DET, there's been 5 (of 69) occasions a team has been able to make the Playoffs w/ essentially no run game over the last 6 years pic.twitter.com/8YjsRhvcXS