- The Lions traded away Laken Tomlinson to the 49ers at the beginning of the year for a fifth-round pick. Our friends over at Niners Nation haven’t been too happy with how Tomlinson has played through eight games, saying he’s “not the answer at left guard. Or right guard. Or anywhere else.”
- Any well-informed Detroit Lions fan knows that Marvin Jones Jr. is a pretty talented singer. Well, apparently he’s putting up his talents against other amateur competition for the next season of “American Idol.”
- There’s a change brewing in Minnesota. On Wednesday, the Vikings activated quarterback Teddy Bridgewater from the PUP list while placing Sam Bradford on injured reserve. However, Case Keenum will start this week vs. Washington.
- Cool story from Dawgs by Nature on the birth of the Portsmouth Spartans and how they transformed into the Detroit Lions.
- Remember when Martellus Bennett was widely considered one of the best free agent signings this offseason? Let’s check in on Green Bay to see how that’s going:
The #Packers have released TE Martellus Bennett, according to the transaction wire, with a failure to disclose designation.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 8, 2017
- This is pretty neat: The Lions invited several military members to Ford Field for an evening of gaming in the locker room:
- How big was Monday’s win over the Packers? Apparently it doubled the Lions’ betting odds of winning the NFC North.
- Golden Tate was the guest on this week’s #AskALion and answered some questions about locker room pranks while sporting a neat shirt.