- If you aren’t already, make sure you’re following former Detroit Lions quarterback Dan Orlovsky on Twitter. Check out his breakdown of Darius Slay’s interception from Sunday:
Hawaii is ready for @_bigplayslay23 & he is one of my all time favorites, and he’s playing at such a high level. Doing the little things here helps him come up with a big pic. He doesn’t know baseball positions, but does DB leverage @Lions #lions #Detroit #lionspride pic.twitter.com/g7rQF8ACON— Dan Orlovsky (@danorlovsky7) December 12, 2017
- The Ameer Abdullah situation is confusing. Here’s video of his interview with the media on Tuesday, with Abdullah explaining his current health and confidence level. I highly recommend watching this. Abdullah carries himself with nothing but class.
- Former Bears return specialist Devin Hester announced his retirement from the NFL on Tuesday. Lions rookie returner Jamal Agnew had this simple response to the announcement:
December 12, 2017
- On Tuesday, the Philadelphia Eagles officially placed Carson Wentz on injured reserve, drastically changing the outlook of the NFC. Matthew Stafford said of Wentz’s injury, “I feel bad for Carson. He was having a hell of a year.”
- Today in “Horrible Lions Running Game Statistics,” Detroit’s running backs have a defender around them quicker than all but two teams:
Your WORST run-blocking o-lines based on #NextGenStats and measured by embedded microchips.— James Koh (@JamesDKoh) December 12, 2017
YGBC = Yards Gained Before Close (before a defender gets w/in 1 yard of the RB)
Negative YGBC = defensive penetration = bad pic.twitter.com/9TkRf6FcJX
- The Detroit Free Press’ Dave Birkett broke down Kenny Golladay’s clutch fourth-quarter catch that allowed the Lions to get into field goal position for the game-winning score.
- According to Jim Caldwell, Tampa Bay was so rowdy with Lions fans that some players thought Matt Prater had missed the game-winning field goal because of all the cheering.
Caldwell said the #Lions fans in Tampa were so loud when @MattPrater_5 made the game-winning FG, some players thought he'd missed it. pic.twitter.com/y4SZp9rg7q— Detroit Lions (@Lions) December 12, 2017