- Detroit Lions linebacker Jarrad Davis had some choice words about the status of football and league safety. “To be honest with you, man, it’s a dangerous game and I don’t want to make it safe,” Davis told the Detroit Free Press. “I don’t want to make it safe. I know it may be against what the league is doing, but at the same time, I know one speed.”
- This week in “Matthew Stafford is a good quarterback and you need to appreciate what he’s doing right now:”
Matthew Stafford:— Kyle Meinke (@kmeinke) December 18, 2017
Deep ball QB rating: 1st
And he's done it while being sacked more than everyone except Jacoby Brissett, plus a running game that averages the fewest yards per attempt.
- Darius Slay is a top-5 cornerback. Weird that Xavier Rhodes isn’t on this list...
Since we began recording data with the 2006 season, no cornerback has finished the season having allowed an NFL passer rating of under 30.0. @Jaguars CB A.J. Bouye is two games away from becoming the first. pic.twitter.com/N1TjGOhSH4— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) December 18, 2017
- John Fox, this may be part of the reason why you’re likely getting fired at the end of the season:
Bears coach John Fox said Mitchell Trubisky played arguably his best game Saturday at Detroit.— Jeff Dickerson (@DickersonESPN) December 18, 2017
- Zac Snyder of Detroit Jock City ponders the future of the Lions’ grey color rush uniforms.
- Lions vs. Bears Slowlights. The cure to any Monday: