- After receiving only eight snaps on Saturday, it’s pretty clear Ameer Abdullah’s benching was not injury related. On Monday, Abdullah admitted to the media the benching has been a bit tough to handle. “It's definitely frustrating," Abdullah said per Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. "It’s definitely something that I just want to take in and do my best to grow from it. That’s it."
Abdullah respects his coach’s decision. “I’m always going to trust the coach’s instinct and judgment because they’re the ones designing this plan to win.”
- The Lions no longer have a fullback, but they’re using Michael Roberts in a similar role (turn your sound on):
The #Lions don’t use a fullback, but check out how they utilized Michael Roberts in an identical role: pic.twitter.com/TmZTwVcre2— Pride of Detroit (@PrideOfDetroit) December 19, 2017
- Darius Slay was mic’d up for his two-interception performance against the Chicago Bears. Sadly, there isn’t a lot of on-field audio, but it’s always fun to watch highlights from that game.
- One of the scenarios in which the Lions get into the playoffs is if the Panthers lose out (with extra help). This could help make that dream a reality:
Panthers’ LB Thomas Davis is being suspended two games, per sources. He will appeal.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 18, 2017
- Pro Bowl rosters are to be announced on Tuesday night at 8 p.m. ET. Darius Slay says he may start a riot if he’s not on the team.
- No one breaks tackles like Golden Tate. Literally, no one:
Forced missed tackle leaders among WRs pic.twitter.com/sqvrUlLzFs— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) December 18, 2017
- Jim Caldwell believes the amount of playing time Lions rookies are getting is unusually high in the NFL, though according to Justin Rogers of the Detroit News, the Lions rank 14th in rookie snaps in 2017.