- Several Detroit Lions players spoke up on social media after the 2018 Pro Bowl selections were made on Tuesday night. First, there were a handful of players that congratulated Darius Slay, their only teammate named to the all-star game.
Then there were the Lions receivers, who may or may not have felt a little slighted by the decisions (Marvin Jones Jr. made it as a fourth alternative):
Lmao— Marvin Jones Jr (@MarvinJonesJr) December 20, 2017
- Kyle Meinke of MLive.com thinks it’s about time Matthew Stafford got more respect. “No quarterback has done everything better than Matthew Stafford,” Meinke wrote. “And he's done it with less than almost everybody.” Check out the full article here.
- Lifelong Lions fan and comedian Keegan-Michael Key helped provide inspiration for the Lions’ Rockettes celebration on Saturday:
- Justin Rogers has 10 film observations from Lions-Bears, including Detroit’s propensity to use the pistol formation even more than normal.
- As we mentioned last week, Haloti Ngata is up for two sportsmanship award: The Walter Payton Man of the Year and the Art Rooney Sportsmanship award. Hear Ngata talk about both nominations below:
RT: #WPMOYChallenge + Ngata @sportstori sat down with @Haloti_Ngata92 to discuss being a finalist for both the Walter Payton Man of the Year honor and the Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award → https://t.co/AmtKbl3Gkh pic.twitter.com/3jqMVMneWG— Detroit Lions (@Lions) December 17, 2017
- After an impressive performance against the Chicago Bears, Matthew Stafford jumped to No. 6 in Bleacher Report’s QB rankings.
- Check out what Pro Bowl cornerback Darius Slay (yeah, I really like the sound of that) does with a day off: