- We seemingly hear it every year at this point in the season, but Detroit Lions safety Glover Quin thinks the Lions are “really close” to getting over the proverbial hump. Quin points to the Lions’ young players in key spots as reasons for true optimism.
- Golden Tate also spoke about the future of the team, but understood that telling Lions fans to be patient can be somewhat insulting:
Golden Tate asked what he would say to fans after this season: "I can't say be patient. You've been patient"— Kacie Hollins (@kaciehollinsTV) December 27, 2017
- Michael Rothstein has a nice breakdown of the bonuses on the line for several Detroit Lions players in Week 17.
- UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen caught a lot of heat for a report suggesting he wouldn’t not want to play for the Cleveland Browns if drafted by them with the first overall pick. In the wake of this report, Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford was asked if he ever considered trying to manipulate where he was drafted back in 2009. He had the perfect answer:
Why didn't Matt Stafford pull a Josh Rosen & try to avoid the Lions in the draft 9 years ago. "It was important to me to understand the privilege & the honor it is to be selected & go out there & make the best of any situation." https://t.co/WjxL8zyjSP via @freep— Dave Birkett (@davebirkett) December 28, 2017
- Mansur Shaheen of Lions Wire broke down the film of the marquee matchup between Darius Slay and A.J. Green.
- Former Lions tight end Joseph Fauria joined Tiki Barber to talk about Matthew Stafford and the Lions organization:
Great having @BigJoeFauria in studio today with @TikiBarber— TikiAndTierney (@TikiAndTierney) December 27, 2017
Lots of fun, but some good, in depth Football talk on his former teams from UCLA and Josh Rosen to the Lions and Matthew Stafford pic.twitter.com/vuC4Ey08Ei
Dan Orlovsky offered his rebuttal to some of Fauria’s points.
- Who would win: The 2008 Detroit Lions or the 2017 Cleveland Browns? Each team’s ESPN beat writer break down the theoretical matchup.